N had been anticipating this day, and she even packed her Angelina doll in her ballet bag to take to class w/ her. I couldn't wait to see what her reaction would be, and against my predictions she was quietly delighted/stunned at meeting her. I thought she'd be more vocal and eager, but she was tentative as if she was star struck. The ballerinas got special gifts (on loan) to dance with...a "pearl" necklace and a pink fluffy boa.
Angelina performed for them...
and she gave them hugs and goodie bags.
At the beginning of each class, Ms. Kate invites the fairies to come and "they" sprinkle fairy dust (AKA glitter) on their hands as each ballerina says her name.
Here's N waiting for her turn...
and then getting her fairy dust.
N waiting on the "audience line" for her turn to do her grande jeté.
Setting up for her grande jeté. "Tap, tap, tap...grande jeté." When they learned they had to pretend to jump over a sleeping frog, but this day since Angelina was there, they had to leap over Alice, Angelina's best friend.
Just twirling...
Not sure what she was doing here.
N so enjoyed meeting Angelina that I didn't think she thought much about the fact that she looked like a person dressed up as Angelina...but then as we were driving home from class N asked me, "Umma, who was inside Angelina?" I replied, "N, how did you know that someone was inside there?" She answered, "Because I saw someone's hair in there!" It's so fun watching her enjoy herself so much. I haven't taken pictures of ballet for a few weeks, but yesterday I felt like the overachieving mom juggling between Peter's camera and the camcorder to capture as much as I could. Thanks goodness for modern technology that we can capture moments to look back over when we lose the clarity of memories in our brains. And I definitely need some help with my brain and memory these days!
No comments:
Post a Comment