Don't want to forget this conversation I had with N just before bed tonight.
N: I wish I didn't have eyelashes (as she is rubbing them).
Me: But if you didn't have eyelashes, you would get all this mungee (dust in Korean), dirt, and other stuff in your eyes. You don't want that to happen.
N: You never told me that! Oh, that's why boys have eyelashes too!
(All this time, she has noticed that in book illustrations, cartoons, etc...usually it's only the girls that have eyelashes, and hardly ever the boys, but in real life girls AND boys have eyelashes. I think she had an epiphany tonight).
Me: I wonder why we have eyebrows, though.
N: Maybe it's...like for decoration or something!
As it turns out, I googled why we have eyebrows, and it's to protect our eyes from rain and sweat from dripping into them. Pretty cool!
i love N's comment, "You never told me that!" =) oh, uns, how i wish we lived closer together.
ReplyDelete