N and I were cuddling before bed tonight, and after we prayed, I could see in her eyes that she was thinking about something, and smiling. So I asked her what she was thinking about. Then we had the following conversation:
N: I want to go to heaven to be with Jesus and God one day.
Me: Why?
N: Because heaven seems like it will be beautiful place. And there is no crying and no hitting people and kicking people.
Me: Do you know how to get to heaven?
N: Umm...actually no.
We have talked in the past about what heaven is like as described in Revelation. And in contrast we have also talked about what hell is like as described in the Bible as well. I don't know what made her think of it tonight, but we had a deep conversation about believing in Jesus and His death on the cross. So we prayed a prayer that God would help her to believe and help her to know when she believes. My little girl is not so little anymore. Here is the prayer I had her pray:
Dear God,
Please help me to believe. Help me to believe that I am a sinner in need of a Savior. Help me to believe that Jesus died on the cross for MY sins, which deserve death. Thank you that I am forgiven for all my sins. Help me to believe, Lord. And help me to know WHEN I believe. In Jesus name, Amen.
After that, I saw that she was contemplating something else.
N: Who made God?
Me: No one did. God just is. He was there in the beginning, and He will be there for all time. He doesn't have a beginning; He has always existed. He will not have an end; He will always exist.
N: That's a little confusing.
Amazing how a little almost-5-yr old is contemplating that existence of God. I hope that she continues to ask lots of questions. I love how her little brain thinks. Can't believe she is turning 5 on Sunday.
More pics to come from her Princess and Knight party today with all her little friends and cousins!
No comments:
Post a Comment