Just want to get down some of the things that Zay is saying these days:
Abba, ready, eat!
Translation: Abba. The food's ready. Come eat! - to call him down to eat with us.
Datter. Abba. Detch. = Faster. Abba. Catch.
Translation: Go faster. We need to catch Abba! - One day in the car with me behind dad, trying to catch up to his car.
I-wunnit. = I want it. (I think he thinks this may be one word.)
Wok. Outtide. = Crocs. Outside.
Translation: Put on my crocs, I want to go outside!
Anytime, he wants to go outside, the first thing he yells is "wok" for his crocs.
Wun some. = Want some.
Translation: I want some. - usually pointing to food.
He's definitely putting two or three words together, especially when it comes to a name and something that belongs to that person or a person and then an action word. It's exciting to see him communicate, and so fun to see his reaction when he's understood, especially after being misunderstood. But when I can't understand what he's saying, I just defer to N or T-Max, who seem to understand what he is saying better than I do.
He loves reading. Some of his favorite books, just to name a few so I can remember.
Goodnight, Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs by Sandra Boyton
My Very First 100 Words from Priddy Books
too cute! i should start recording things like that.
ReplyDelete