Zay Bear (Jude Dude didn't really stick as a nick name. This is his new nickname!) turned 6 months about a week and a half ago. I can't believe it! His first year is half over! He is growing up WAY faster than I want him too. We've enjoyed all of our children thus far, but I feel like we have been able to enjoy him so much as an infant.
We had his check up and here are his latest stats:
Weight: 19 lbs and 12 oz. 75th percentile
Height: 27 3/4 in 90th
Just to get it down, here are some of his milestones:
- started rice cereal and solids
- he's tried and loves sweet potato, butternut squash, green pea, asian pear and banana
- sitting up by himself occasionally teetering over
- grabbing and sucking EVERYTHING!
- shaking toys
- dropping toys on purpose to see us pick them up
- rolling over both ways
- scooting and rotating on his tummy (still rocking on all fours too, but not quiet crawling yet)
* EDIT: A few days after this post, Zay Bear started crawling. He gets around quite well, usually motivated by something he wants to play with. I have found him under our dining room table a few times!
- gets into push up position on his hands and feet
- turns when we call his name
- babbling
He's so fun, and he's really interactive with us, and especially with his brother and sister. He is by far our most laid back baby. He's is content most of the time just to sit in his hippo chair or exersaucer or just play on the floor. He's still sleeping in our room in a pack n play, and in the morning, I often hear him "singing" and pound both legs at the same time. As soon as I put him down on his back, he tries to roll to his tummy, so diaper changes feel like a wrestling match. And boy is he strong! In fact, he's so big, that he's two years behind his big brother in age, but I just started pulling out clothes from T-Max's clothing bin from last winter!
he's adorable...just like all your kiddos!
ReplyDelete