Thursday, February 11, 2010

The winds obey your voice

tobelikejesus

This album is great! We've listened to it in the car a handful of times. N especially enjoys the songs, and has learned many of them. She gets excited when she sings them in church too, and sings them around the house. You can buy it here for only $6 but only for this month during Sovereign Grace's February sale. All of their resources are on sale this month for ridiculously low prices!

Today is a particularly windy day, and you can hear the rattling of our exhaust vent on the roof. N was having quiet time in her room, and she was crying. So I went up to see what was wrong, and she said she was scared by a noise. I explained to her that it was the fan rattling in the roof, and reminded her of the song, "Peace" from the CD.

Peace
Peace, You give me peace
When the storms come and I’m afraid
Peace, You give me peace
When I trust in the words You say
You give me peace

VERSE 1
If You can calm the sea
Then You can comfort me
If winds obey Your voice
Why should I fear their noise?
And though my eyes can’t see
I know You’re with me

It was a Holy Spirit moment. I remembered the chorus, but when I got to the verse, all I remembered was the 3rd line. N proceeded to recite the lyrics from the entire verse! And that was just from listening to it a handful of times. We've been learning about God and all of His creation in school, so it all just sort of connected for her in that moment. That the same God that created the wind, commands it, and so why should we fear it's noise. She seemed to get it. Praise the Lord! As she is getting older, we are having more of these moments, and I want to be able to savour these gospel moments and she learned the truth of who God is. I love my girlie!

2 comments:

  1. isn't it amazing how quickly they memorize words? so precious! maybe i need to get that CD, too! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete