Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Zay's 18 Month and T-Max's 3 year Update

Intended to get T-Max's 3 year stats up back in December...but I just couldn't get past the busyness of the holidays, traveling, and school.

The crazy thing is that at the time of T-Max's checkup, he still had 2 pounds on Zay, but as of this week, little brother officially weighs more than big brother.

T-Max @ 3 years:
Weight: 28.6 lbs - 10th percentile
Height: 37 in - 25th percentile

Zay Bear @ 18 months:
Weight: 29.5 lbs - 75-90th
Height: 34.5 in - 90-95th
Head: 19.25 in - 75-90th

T-Max has grown and matured so much. He is our sweetest, most affectionate, cuddly one. Last night after T-Max and N were put to bed, he was annoying his sister by kissing her face repeatedly. When N asked him to stop, his reply was, "But Noona, I just love you!" Of course, he knows how to get on her nerves, but this captures our little guy. He's so sweet. It is not uncommon to find him caressing my face or my arm gently.

He's been doing great with preschool, working on shapes, numbers, tracing, coloring, identifying first sounds in a word or just putting together his favorite puzzles or building with legos. He's becoming more interested in our daily Bible readings and remembering specific people we've read about. Lately, he's been into acting out David and Goliath.

T-Max's heart is very tender. He is compassionate and sensing. When his Noona is sick, he is quick to pray for her and he'll run and get her favorite stuffed puppy. Once I tripped and had a pretty bad fall. He was the first one to run over and ask me if I was okay over and over. His first name means {God is good}. My prayer for him is that he would know the heart of God, and that through his life, that people would be able to see the goodness of God.

Zay Bear is by far our craziest one! But he's such a big boy too! He's speaking a ton and repeats everything we say. It always amazes us how much he understands. He's starting to put words together. He'll often look for someone/something by saying "Bear...where?" or say "Abba nigh night" if daddy is sleeping.

He's become super attached to his blankie, which he calls "mimi" and his bear. I have no idea where he got that name for his blankie. He literally eats ALL day, and I even asked the doctor the other day if overeating at this age can be a problem! But he just has a healthy appetite. He appears to have an adventurous palette too, as recently he's requested kimchi (unwashed!) and gak-doo-ghee (spicy radish) which neither of my older kids will eat.

Zay loves everything Elmo and Abby and the rest of the Sesame Street gang. He loves singing songs or just moving to music. He learns songs very quickly, and seems drawn to music in general. Just today he was swaying to some classical music. When we turned the music off, he walked over to the computer to try and turn it back on. His first name means {God is salvation} and his his middle name means {praise and thanksgiving}. Recently as I prayed for Zay at bedtime, I thought about the meaning of his name and thought of "praise and worship". It made me begin to pray for the Lord to grant him musical gifting to lead people to salvation through music/praise/worship.

I love my boys! And I love that they have each other.

1 comment: